1. It's shocking how quickly 6 days can pass . . . it feels like I wrote my last post yesterday.
2. Jack and Ben are now sharing a room. We're all adjusting to the change. Last night was the easiest bedtime ever. Tonight . . . not so much.
3. I love both of my kids but over the last two weeks, they've both become incredibly difficult. Disobedient, disrespectful and WHINY. I'm sure it has to do with adjusting to the new schedule and being with ME more rather than a team of college students who dote on them non-stop. But it's getting tiring.
4. I threw a shower for Jeanette last weekend and Ben's birthday party was yesterday . . . I have a month until the next shower and that'll be a nice break from party planning. Both events were a lot of fun and I can't wait to post photos.
5. Jack started preschool this week. Again, photos are forthcoming. I stopped taking photography clients back in the spring, because I was losing my creative edge and I really don't have the time with all of the design work I'm getting. After 6 months, I'm just starting to really enjoy taking my camera out again. I'll be taking some pictures for a few friends and I'm actually looking forward to it. It's amazing how much a nice break will help to refresh your creativity.
6. As a part of my desire to relax and slow down a little bit, I'm reading the Hunger Games trilogy. It's a little embarrassing to love a series of books written for young adults so much, but I do. I read the first book in a day, but I'm half way through the second.
7. The flooring is essentially done. We're going to try and pick out some carpet for the bedrooms this week, but our bedrooms have more square footage than we had estimated, so we might have to downgrade a little to stay within our budget. We'll see. I love, love, love our floors and am so happy with how they turned out. And while we've had some slipping and sliding, for the most part the boys like pretending to ice skate on them! Lots and lots of socks with rubber grippers are in our future!
My time's up!