April 19, 2008

Staying afloat

I feel like my life right now is all about trying to keep my head above water, figuratively speaking. I can't even tell you everything that I have to get done at camp right now, because assembling a list that size is more than my brain can handle.

I'm going through my annual nesting phase. I realized last year as I was going through my "nesting phase" before Jack arrived that I actually go through it every year. I'm preparing for summer to hit and for our staff to arrive by doing all of the things that typically get neglected during the summer. My house is actually in pretty good shape right now, but I feel like it's never clean enough or picked up enough to satisfy me!

The thing that is compounding my overwhelmedness (it's a word, because I say it's a word) is that I'm constantly chasing after a kid who is getting faster and faster every day. You would think that his little legs would get tired before mine, but it's not true. I can't believe that he's only been walking for a week or two because you'd think that he's been doing it his whole life. It's exhausting.

I was taking pictures of Jack at the park yesterday (to practice for some engagement pictures I took today) and I was sitting him on one of the cement benches, my camera swung forward and the lens CRACKED IN HALF. Yes, the lens that I just bought in December. This kind of thing happens to me A LOT. I've been a little stressed about money . . . it seems that the bills just keep getting bigger and bigger. Well, it doesn't just seem that way. It is that way. I'm praying through my anxiety.

Lastly, I did not feel yesterday's earthquake but several people claim that they did. Jack woke up at 5:30 (which was about an hour earlier than usual) and we wonder now if that's what woke him. It couldn't have been felt too strongly around here, because Murphy didn't wake up and EVERYTHING wakes her up.

My thesis is due on FRIDAY and I have several projects that have to be finished at the beginning of this week. Kyle's parents took Jack to Kyle's team's baseball tournament today, so that I could get some things done. Unfortunately, I spent way too long at the cell phone kiosk trying to get my new phone insured . . . that's another story for another day.

No comments: