March 12, 2009

So, how are you feeling?

There are a lot of people out at camp today, so I was asked that question a lot. I always replied, "I'm feeling good." Because that's a lot nicer than saying, "Tired and hormonal, thanks for asking."

I really am not feeling too bad. But I do feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes. I've noticed a lot of mood swings this week, and an increase in fatigue. I thought the second trimester was supposed to bring relief from some of these things, no?

We didn't have a babysitter for Jack today, so I had him all day. I had a whole list of errands to run. First, I went to the local mall because I wanted some very specific items from The Children's Place. I put Jack in the stroller, walked all the way down the mall corridor (it's a small mall) and then realized that this mall doesn't have a Children's Place." I knew that. I just wasn't thinking. Lovely.

Then we took Jeanette's photo CD to her

After that, my plan was to go to the fed ex drop off place in Jackson, go to the post office and then head to camp for lunch, so that we could eat before Jack's nap. I knew I had to pay close attention to him so that he wouldn't fall asleep in the car. I headed in the direction of the Fed Ex drop off. I had only been there once before, but I remembered the general location. 10 minutes later, I was driving around the hospital parking lot looking for a parking spot.

Wait, WHAT?!

I have no idea how I ended up there or why I went there. I never go to that hospital for anything. I don't have doctors that use that hospital. I think the last time I was there was when my niece was born 1 1/2 years ago.

So, shaking my head, I continued on to the Fed Ex drop off. I know that it was on Michigan Ave around K-Mart or Meijer, but I drove up and down that street 10 times and never found it. I was in tears by the time I decided to just head home.

By this point, I decided to skip the post office and head straight to camp. I was doing a great job keeping Jack awake . . . until there was a tractor I needed to pass. I spent maybe two minutes concentrating on finding an opening to pass the tractor. By the time I passed, I looked back and he was asleep. I woke him up for lunch and that was it. Today's nap was over.

I'm actually coping much better than I did yesterday . . . but let's hope that Friday will be a little better . . .

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I almost wrote a post like this one earlier this week! I was going to title it "How are you feeling?" Mainly I was going to discuss that fact that it's like now that I'm showing, people forget that anything else even exists in my life other than incubating! People who I've worked with going on 8 years walk by me in the hall and all they say (in this weird "concerned-like" voice) is "How are you feeling?" like they think I have some disease and am about to die?? I'm fine, thank you. Other than that my clothes don't fit and I can't find pants that look nice that do, and I have to go to the bathroom all the time, and sleeping on my side has caused an extreme amount of pain in my upper back/right shoulder area....WOULD YOU LIKE TO RUB IT FOR ME?!?!?! :) I'm fine thanks :)