2. My favorite thing that Ben does right now (there are actually lots of them) is when we're finished with a book he immediately starts saying "Un mo! Un mo!" for "One more!" I can hardly resist.
3. Jack threw the tantrum of all tantrums on Saturday. Over a Happy Meal toy. It deserves an entire post of it's own, but let me tell you . . . if there were awards for this kind of thing, he would have received a medal. Or maybe a trophy.
4. Speaking of Happy Meal toys, Arby's has different fire fighter tools in their kids meals now. On Sunday, Jack got a blow up axe and Ben got safety goggles. I love it . . . so much better than Batman figurines or cardboard games with thousands of little punch out pieces.
5. I'm obsessed with Panera breakfast sandwiches. I don't know why I had such low expectations, but I love them. My favorite is their power breakfast sandwich. With sausage or bacon instead of ham, of course. Because ham? Really?
6. We bought a hammock and a stand about 6 years ago and last summer, the hammock sort of disintegrated. So far this spring, I've purchased and returned three hammocks, all of which were too big for our stand. Apparently, we have an odd-sized stand and we're having trouble finding a hammock anywhere (online or otherwise) to fit it. It's such a bummer because I love laying out in it while the boys play in the sand box.
7. We'd planned to have Jack's birthday party on Memorial Day like we have every year. But it's 3 weeks away and I still haven't finished the invitations (see #1). I'm STRESSED. I'm so busy with other people's parties and invitations, that sometimes our own family's projects get pushed to the last minute. We'd planned on inviting some of his friends this year and I'm so worried that no one will be able to come! Debbie laughed at me back in January when I was wanting to start planning, but now I'm wishing I had been more intentional about that.
8. I'm headed to Greenville next week. Let me say that again . . .I'M HEADED TO GREENVILLE NEXT WEEK! We'll be in STL for a birthday party on Saturday, too. I'm so excited, but a little stressed about it. It's just me and the boys traveling down there alone. After last weekend's tantrum, I'm fearful of taking them both out anywhere alone again. Kyle has a baseball tournament on that Saturday. I'm also trying to convince him that he'll have enough time to lay our new flooring at our house while we're gone. Fingers crossed.
8. The boys received a butterfly house for Easter and we our catterpillars came in the mail last week. As of this morning, all but one had spun a cocoon. It's AWESOME. I think Kyle and I are enjoying it