- The brighter mornings mean that I've woken on my own more easily. Sure, I'm still only getting 4 - 5 hours of sleep because I'm crazy busy, but being up before the kids makes a huge difference in how my day goes.
- Mother's Day was so much better than I had expected. We had a great brunch with Kyle's family, and the restaurant was VERY kid friendly. I don't know if I was exceptionally hungry or if the food was exceptionally good, but either way, I really enjoyed it. It was close to 80 on Sunday and I loved every second of it. I still had to do grocery shopping and meal planning for the week, but making my list out on the deck seemed less like work.
- Monday and Tuesday were very warm, too. The kind of warm that leaves you sticky and hot all day. You will NEVER hear me complain about that.
- We had a great conversation with a new realtor today that was encouraging and so, so educational. I think we'll still go ahead with listing our house. So much has to go right and happen in the right timing, but I'm less worried. Fingers crossed.
- I've been able to check some things off of my to do list. There were a few things that I forgot to put on my list, so I put them on and then checked them off right away. If they don't show up in the "completed" list, they don't count. I had to do it, right?
- Baby #4 is crazy active. She moves so much and I love just sitting and feeling and watching her movements. All three kids have felt her move now. When I was pregnant with Claire, I was constantly sad about her being my last and everything being my "last" experience. It's not like that this time. I'm very comfortable with this baby being my last baby, and I'm really enjoying feeling her move and grow.
- However, I'm not enjoying everything about this pregnancy. I don't like being pregnant, in general. I just feel achy and bloated. Nothing fits well, and I can't ever really get comfortable. It's worth every minute, though.
- I had some errands to run after picking Jack up from school yesterday, so I took all three kids out for ice cream after. It was fun just hanging out with the three of them. I can't believe they're all mine.
- We made barbecue chicken pizza on the grill last night. What's not to love about that?
May 14, 2014
Things are looking up . . .
The first three days of this week have contained more good than the previous two weeks combined. I'm so thankful, because at the end of last week, I was nearing the end of my rope. Here are a few highlights: