The things that broke my heart:
- His little cluster of desks where he sits includes him and three girls. He asked each of the three girls if they could be friends. They all said no.
- He really liked recess, but didn't have anyone to play with.
- He did say that he made one new friend that he really liked.
- He said that everything they did in class was fun.
- He really likes his teacher.
- He ate lunch with a friend from preschool, even though he's in a different class than he is.
- He seemed really excited that he saw Jasmine, Hailey and Samantha at recess.
- He informed us that we no longer need to pack a lunch because THERE IS PIZZA AT SCHOOL! We informed him that we'll probably still be packing a lunch most days, but maybe once in a while he could get pizza.
- He chose white milk instead of chocolate at snack because he thought it would be healthier choice to only have chocolate once a week (we had previously discussed this with him, but we weren't sure if he'd really do it . . . but he did).
- He LOVED gym class.
- He has a doodle book to draw in during their rest time and that was right up his alley.
I'm sure there were more things that he told us, but I can't remember them all. He was so funny when he told me that he can't wait until next year so that he can do a first day of school all over again! I'm just glad to have the first day over with.
I love this kid so much.
Edited to add: Printable signs now available here.